Our NEW dedicated ventilator unit features a highly skilled multi-disciplinary team of health care professionals which consists of a pulmonologist, a respiratory therapist, RNs, LPNs, and other professional caregivers. Every member of our ventilator program team works with the resident and family to help recover maximum function for residents with needs for a ventilator.
Our ventilator program is under the direction of Dr. Maher Tabba, a leading area pulmonologist specializing in pulmonary disease and critical care medicine at Tufts Medical Center and Melrose Wakefield Hospital, along with Dr. Jin Chae, an Internal Medicine physician affiliated with Spaulding Cambridge. North End’s respiratory team is changing lives daily due to their advanced skills in pulmonary care.
Our dedicated vent unit works in tandem with our pulmonary rehab program to design a treatment program that is best for our residents. Each individual has different needs and requests, and our staff of professionals is here to help each person regain the most breathing ability possible.
North End’s Ventilator Program and services include:
- Dedicated Ventilator Unit led by a board-certified pulmonologist
- Focus on Increasing Mobility and weaning dependence whenever possible
- 24-hour Respiratory Therapists
- Direct Oversight from our Internal Medicine Physicians
- Nurse Practitioner or Hospitalist on unit daily for medical interventions
- Speech Therapy for bedside swallow evaluations and communication strategies
- Physical and Occupational Therapy to increase endurance and ability